Chef Connor

Chef Connor
Whipping up something good!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Too Much, Too Little, Too Late

Obviously, this isn't as simple as I thought I would be.   Cook a few things, write a few words, no big deal.  Right.
Time has a funny way of running away.  There never seems to be enough of it to go around, and it doesn't come back. We missed a few scheduled dates for cooking, and then had so many to catch up on it became a feast!  Egg Salad Sandwiches just didn't happen.  Chef Connor didn't think they sounded very good so they were vetoed.  This was fine with everyone else.  Not many seem to like them.  I don't mind them, but seem to only have a taste for them once a year.... Easter.  This grew out of a need to diminish the supply of hard-boiled eggs in the house. I didn't want them to go to waste, and no one was eating them otherwise.
Enough said.  Pass on that recipe.  His choice.
However, the next 3 were excitedly looked forward to.  Quesadillas, Fresh Salsa, and the Oodles of Noodles Soup.  Of course, I hadn't planned we would be having all of them in one meal.  Silly me.
Quesadilla's are pretty simple. Some cheese, a tortilla and a pan.  Very tasty, and certainly a quick meal to make.
Salsa proved to be a bit more effort on Connor's part.  Lots of chopping.  Not an easy task when you're still working on knife skills.  He stuck with it, though, and managed to get through it all.  The taste and smell was amazing.  I may never go back to jar salsa again!  (Of course, I haven't cleared that with him, yet.)
The soup was very good, and another simple recipe.  Funny enough, this was the one he was most excited about.  The recipe was Asian inspired which is his favorite type of food.  Not to mention it was full of noodles... his other favorite food.
All three foods were pulled together in to one meal and I was the ONLY person home to eat it!!!
There were leftovers, of course for everyone to have a taste when they got home.
I ate those, too.


1 comment: