Chef Connor

Chef Connor
Whipping up something good!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Shopping

Why am I doing this myself?  I should be shopping with Connor in order to truly let him be a part of the entire process. Yea. Because grocery shopping is so much fun.  Oh boy. Wahoo.  I know... thats not the point.  He needs to experience the whole thing.  Choose his own bananas, pick out the blueberries.  See the obscene prices for butter and milk.  This is his journey and I'm along to monitor, assist and write about it.  
Its difficult to balance the pressures in my mind about my role versus his.  It seems to be easy to get excited about his desire to cook, but I struggle with actually LETTING him cook.  Slowing down to let him chop, teaching him not to blow up the house by turning on the stove without allowing the electronic pilot actually light the burner, and taking him through each step of creation is going to be tougher than I thought.  I may have more to learn than Connor does.

No comments:

Post a Comment